Sunday, April 15, 2007

Saturday updates!


Warm, sunny weather today. I fed the sheep, and there are now 19 little ones born within the last couple of weeks- one brand new today too. The mother was so proud of it, she looked at me and looked at her offspring, and waited for him to follow her when she came down to eat. I certainly wish I could do something with the wool! We shear the sheep in the middle of June, but since they are multicoloured, it is nearly impossible to sell it to a factory- they want white wool. So maybe I will have to learn how to spin...

In the afternoon we went to visit some friends, they have 5 children, I have 4, so it was pretty noisy...lol.

I cast on for a pair of toe up socks for one of my nieces, using a figure8-cast on- totally new to me, but it looked very neat. I'm afraid that I have to frog it though, as they seem to be much to big for her. There will be pictures later.
The felted bag here is what my 14-yearold made for me, he knitted and picked the colours, while I cast on and decided on the size and so forth. It is perfect. It carries my knitting. I am very pleased with it!
And we have a lovely view from our house- look at the background for the bag...
A lovely Sunday to you!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I think you should most certainly learn to spin. To have all that wool at your finger tips, just waiting to become yarn. I'm guessing that not-pristinely-white yarn will take color in interesting ways, too, when you decide to start dying! :)

Mary B said...

I agree with Kristy, you must learn to spin since you have sheep. My dd would be in heaven with all of those lambs around. The bag looks so nice, a group effort.