Eg har vel sagt det før, men vi har altså ein kjøkenhage i år, sjølv om eg ikkje er særleg glad i hagearbeid...Derimot er eg svært glad i å kunne gå ned og plukke ferske grønsaker kvar dag! Vi har hatt mykje salat, gulrøtene kjem flott, der er sukkererter, reddiker, spinat, litt jordbær og bringebær, og mykje meir. Det grøne gardinet mitt er fullt av agurkar, og no byrjar tomatane å verte raude, dei er so søte og gode i salater, og vi har ete mykje salat i det siste!
Then for something totally different...a spider...
Ruth made a pair of great socks, pattern is found as a Ravelry-download
here, and I found out these would be great for the boys! So I made one pair in a light grey and one pair in a darker grey for DS1 and DS2, substituting the vine pattern for a broken rib pattern (simple: round one- knit all stitches, round 2- knit 3, purl 1. Repeat those two rounds.) DS2 got the spider on the back of his leg, DS1 got it on the side. Fun pattern, and very fast. They are knit with
I've been knitting more...Sockamania had a catch-up-month which suited me well...these are the "get fruity" socks that I didn't knit when we first got the pattern. They were intended for my sister, but...well, I've "conquered" the toe-up construction, two-at-a-time, magic-loop, and now finally short-row-heels...BUT...I haven't figured out how to get them the right lenght yet-LOL! Somehow I find it a lot easier to determine lenght when I knit top down!
And finally- Owls!!! I've always had a crush on owls, and I loved this pattern when I was saw it. I didn't care much for the construction though...it was way too tight for my liking. So instead I made a jacket out of it, using two different grey colours together on 6mm needles, I think it was.
I started with a provisional cast-on, just below the owls, did those according to pattern- adding a few stitches for the buttonband-but I had to knit a couple more rows for the nec, otherwise it would have been too wide. Then I picked up and knitted the body down, and added a few short rows to the back just before the hem to make it a little bit longer in the back. Found some buttons, but only had enough of the small ones to give 5 owls eyes... I really like this sweater, and I've used it a lot. The yarn is something I got from my mum, a sweater she had knitted but not finished, that would not fit me. It was grey and white, so I ripped it and used the grey together with something I had in my stash. I still have quite a lot of white.
This last photo was taken on June22nd at 10:20pm...still bright as day...We are getting darker nights now...
DS1 had a friend visiting for a few days, and this weekend they went to Malakoff Rock Festival
and had a great time. They came home by bus both Friday and Saturday, because I didn't want them to stay at the camp there.
Here is a happy boy...
She got a pair of steeltoed shoes and a helmet, so she can go with him to the worksites.