Friday, January 14, 2011

....slowly back to normal...

First of all-THANK YOU for all your kind words and warm condolences! I really appreciate it, and I know one of my sisters read my blog and was also touched by it. I'm still tired, but we are slowly getting back to normal around here. The kids are back in school, the sheep need feeding, hubby is in China, so "business as usual"!
Oh, and that poem my sister had found? The first part of it is part of  a song by Torolf Nordbø, he is singing another song here, which is also beautiful.

Først og fremst- TUSEN TAKK for alle hilsener og kondolanser, det varmet i en tung tid. Den ene søsteren min har også kommentert, hun satte også pris på det. Ja, den første delen av det diktet jeg leste, er skrevet av Torolf Nordbø, her i duett med Rita Eriksen. Jeg fant ikke akkurat "plassen står tome", men han har gitt den ut på CD nokså nylig. Bare så det er oppklart.





Vi begynner å komme tilbake til normalen, men jeg er fortsatt stuptrøtt. Ungene har begynt på skolen igjen, sauene må ha mat, og gubben er i Kina.



We've had a long winter here already, it's been rather cold and snowy. I bought iceskates for the kids earlier this fall, but we haven't been off skating yet- I'm actually not sure where there is safe ice! But the girls knew what to do...the place outside the house is covered in ice, so they went skating there! And yes, that is DD1 in shorts...


Vi har allerede hatt en lang vinter, med kulde og snø. Ungene fikk skøyter i høst, men jeg vet ikke om gode skøytevann her...men de visste råd! Tunet har jo vært glasert, så de satte på seg skøytene og gikk rundt rundkjøringa! Og ja, 15-åringen går i shorts...







 We've had a few beautiful days too- so another of the usual view;-)
Vi har hatt mange flotte dager også...begynner dere å bli lei av utsikten?

 Yesterday DS1 took the motorsaw and started taking down trees for firewood next winter. This morning we had 6 deer eating off the branches! When DS2 came home at 3:30pm, 13 deer was there! This is only 100 meters from the house- only 30 meters from the road- but they obviously know that huntingseason is over! DD2 went to take some photos. Beautiful animals. They get so close now because we have all the sheep inside, and because it is harder to find enough food when the ground is so frozen and covered in snow.

Igår begynte eldsten på vinterveden. Og idag morges gikk det 6 hjorter og beitet på kvister og knopper! Da #2 kom hjem i halv4-tida, gikk det 13 dyr der! Dette er bare 100 meter ovenfor huset vårt, knapt 30 meter fra hovedveien, men de vet tydeligvis at jaktsesongen er over! #3 tok med seg kameraet sitt og tok noen bilder. Flotte dyr! De kommer vel ned nå fordi sauene går inne, og fordi marka er frosset og dekket av snø.
 
 But there has been knitting too...I went home to my mum's for a week in Nov/Dec, when dad was in hospital, and I took the bus both ways. 10 hours to Oslo, another 4 to Lillesand. One pair was knit on the way down, another while I was there- in between hospitalvisits- and the third pair was finished on the bus back home to the westcoast... The purple, blue and grey pair went to my nieces, the red to DD2. DD1 also got a pair, and I've finally made a pair for myself! Mum gave me this blue variegated yarn when we went home for the funeral, and there was enough to make a pair of fingerless mitts too. Pattern? Loksins! I've knitted it several times, but I have big feet, so they've been too small on me. I increased from 60 to 68 stitches, and they fit perfectly. The kids socks are smaller- purple only 54, the others 56 stitches I think. Fun pattern, and easy to memorize. I've done different heels on them- one with a heelflap, one with a shortrow heel, and the rest with a combination. I got a good start on mine when we were on our way home after the funeral...we drove down, but the car decided it had had enough, so it stopped! We got up to my sisters house, but then it wouldn't go any more...turns out the shift system is broken...so we took bus back...16-17 hours with tired teenagers on a full bus...oh joy!

Men jeg har da fått strikket litt også...Jeg var hjemme en uke i manedsskiftet november/desember, mens pappa lå på sykehuset, tok buss begge veier. 10 timer til Oslo, nye 4 til Lillesand...Et par ble strikket på vei ned, et par ble ferdig innimellom sykehusbesøk, og det siste paret ble ferdig på vei opp igjen. Det røde paret ble strikket her hjemme, det var det datteren som fikk, den andre fikk et par i grønt, og det lilla, grå og blå gikk til 3 nieser. Og endelig har jeg fått strikket et par til meg selv! Jeg fikk det blåmelerte garnet av mamma da vi var hjemme i begravelsen- hadde ikke fått med meg nok arbeid...- og da ble det nok til et par pulsvanter også. Mønsteret? _  Loksins! Jeg har strikket det flere ganger, og liker det veldig godt. Men de har alltid blitt for små for meg, så nå økte jeg fra 60 til 68 masker, og de passer perfekt:-)Sokkene til ungene var vel med 54 og 56 masker, hvis jeg ikke husker helt feil, i str. 35, 38 og 39.Jeg har brukt litt forskjellige hæltyper- vanlig hæl på de blå, en med avkorta rader på de lilla, og en kombinasjon på de siste tre parene. Paret til meg begynte jeg på hjemme før vi skulle reise opp igjen...vi kjørte ned til begravelsen, men så gav bilen opp...det viste seg at både girkassa og kardangen er røket. Vi kom heldigvis helt opp på tunet til søsteren min før den gavseg, men det endte med at vi måtte ta bus hjem igjen...16-17 timer med 4 trøtte tenåringer på en stappfull nattbuss...jippi...!

 And finally a pair of ugly mittens. These are for work, so they have to be ugly, otherwise they are "too nice to be used for that kind of work.":-)

Og tilslutt- et par stygge votter. Disse er beregna til jobbevotter, og da må de være stygge, ellers er de "for fine til å brukes til sånt!"
DD2 wants to play a game, so I'd better stop here. It's good to be back- I've missed blogging...

Have a nice weekend:-)

Minsta vil spille et spill- tror det blir Ligretto- så det er best å gi seg:-) Godt å være tilbake, jeg har savnet blogginga...

Ha en flott helg:-)

16 comments:

Ruth said...

Så fint det var å "se" deg igjen. Jeg har jo tenkt på deg. Det tar alltid lang tid å venne seg til en annen slags verden etter at noen så nær har gått bort. Jeg sender deg mange varme tanker. :)

Hadde jeg hatt skjøyter så skulle jeg jammen meg vært ute her jeg også. Da tenker jeg de skulle få noe å snakke om en stund her. De snakker fremdeles om den gangen jeg hadde BBQ ute i februar og det er mange år siden. Du har spreke jenter.

Snakker om sokkestrikk. Du lider tydeligvis ikke - som meg- av andre sokk syndrom. Knallfine ble de. Ha en super helg.

aimee said...

It takes time--I'll keep praying for your family.
Your photos are wonderful--I love deer! I am always excited when we see them here (or when we are on a trip).
Wonderful knitted socks! I am sure everyone appreciated them with all your cold weather. Alas--no snow for us, just rain, grey skies and spring like temperatures.
Blessings,
Aimee

Gina said...

Love the socks. The pictures as always are gorgeous.

I'm glad life is slowly getting back to normal. Take care of yourself as these things tend to catch you unawares.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Ninne said...

Jeg liker filosofien din om stygge votter, jeg har det akkurat på samme måten.. sparer og sparer på det som er fint!
Hyggelig å lese deg igjen og se at livet stabiliserer seg. Vi har mistet en god venninne rett fr jul, så vi har vært litt i samme moduset, selv om det selvsagt ikke er som å miste pappan sin...

Flotte sokker du har strikket også! Jeg er alltid imponert over at noen strikker mange like par.. det hadde ikke jeg hatt tålmodighet til.

Ha en koselig helg i den vakre naturen! Nydeige rådyr! Klem fra meg:)

Anonymous said...

Hugs Marit. It will take time for a new normal to come.

Great new socks and a brill way to use up that sitting still time. We have the same thing with things being "too nice to use". I think we ought to change to "so nice they deserve to be used" but it is a hard idea to adjust to. LOL

Judy said...

You have certainly been busy knitting. The socks are all lovely and the mitts also. I don't know how you crank them out to quickly.

Judy

YarnThrower said...

You are a sock knitting machine! Fun socks, and great to see your kids skating on the ice outside!! Next winter, I want to get some skates for my boys...there are plenty of places to go around here outside, even walking distance from our house... Glad you're back! Always love seeing your view!

Mrs Moog said...

Wonderful knitting Marit - I love those socks. I think knitting is the very best therapy for sad times and you certainly made the most of all that travelling time!

I'm very envious of all those deer so close to the house. Not sure we'd get the same effect here if we cut down a tree or two!

xxx

Heidelweiss said...

I'm glad you seem to be getting back to the new normal. Such a hard thing to do. What cute girls you have! I love that your daughter is wearing shorts-that reminds me of Lizzy (although she'd be in cowboy boots and underpants). Lovely knits, I also have to adjust socks for my big feet ;). I've given so many pairs away because of sizing issues! I hope all is well and that you, your husband and the kids are adjusting okay. xoxoxo

QuiltedSimple said...

I'm glad things are slowly getting back to normal....lovely knitting - I love the socks they are gorgeous!
Kris

Anonymous said...

Marit, I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss, but your post was beautiful. I'm honored that the Loksins pattern was something that you spent time on recently.

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Caroline said...

What beautiful "snowy" pictures. Husband in China?? Wow! He does travel the world.

I've knit several pairs of Loksins too. I like the pattern, but I always have a couple of false starts. I need to pay more careful attention setting up the stitches.

Tracy said...

Hi, Marit! Glad to see you back here... These things take time, so take your time. Losing one we love is never easy. Fun photos... and LOVE all the socks! You are sock knitter extraordinaire! ;o) Happy Weekend to you all there... Oh, stop by if you get a chance, I'm having a Valentine gift giveaway. :o) ((HUGS))

Houseelf said...

Hello Marit
just a quickie to let you know that I have a new blog and I would love to see you there instead of the old one.

Hugs,
Melanie

Secret Doings said...

mye fint her :)

blueberries in the fields said...

losing a person we loved so dearly is always difficult. time mends...i am so sorry you lost you dad.
i know, it has been so very long since my last visit here. i was reading old posts in my blog and stumbled upon your comment. what joy ! i thought of you often and could not remember the name of your blog. should have done a little more research.
take good care of yourself Marit.
sending you happy thoughts.
monique